Your news product is as unique as your station
For that reason, Virtual News Center’s pricing is 100% custom, based specifically on your needs. There’s no use paying for what you don’t need! Many of our custom plans fall into the general models listed below. To get a ballpark price, consider what you’d pay a person in-house to cover a single daypart. Each $ in the model pricing is 1⁄4 to 1⁄3 the money you would pay a full-time staffer.
Is Virtual News Center is available for your station on barter? to find out.
As an example, our full-service Virtual Newsroom pricing per daypart is generally about half the base salary cost of a full-time, experienced person, without the extra cost of benefits or worries about vacations, sick days or other distractions. Virtual News Center delivers!
All service levels include:
- Virtual News Center becomes part of the news flow in your market. We get on your local email distribution and fax lists. You have a private email address and fax number that is available to capture story ideas, news releases, tips and the like. As part of our introduction to your market’s newsmakers, we encourage them to include us on their news release lists.
- Branding to meet the presentation and positioning goals of your station or cluster. Multiple-station branding is available if needed.
- The proprietary Virtual News Center delivery system. More reliable than most satellite-delivered services, our fully-redundant, multi-city server infrastructure has better than 99.99% uptime. Your newscasts are delivered in WAV or MP3 format, named as your automation system expects them to be for automatic import.
- The deepest bench in the industry. Forget the hassles of filling for vacation or sick days! You’re also covered for major news that takes an all-hands-on-deck approach.
- News for your website (Facebook, Twitter, etc): We post the local stories produced in each market to a website we host. The stories can also be posted to your main website, Facebook page, or Twitter feed. Our publishing back-end supports direct publishing to most of the open-source website management systems. Stories posted include text and actualities, and we’ll soon offer podcast capabilities from our online posting.
- Local phone number: if actualities are important to your newscast, we’ve found people are more likely to call back when the number is “right here” than if we’re calling from a toll-free number or a long-distance number. For a low monthly fee, we can setup a local number in most communities that you can advertise as your news line number. Our technology directs that call to your Virtual News staff wherever in the US they are.
- Audio News for your website: let listeners stream the on-air cast right from your site. There are no ongoing fees associated with this, but a small one-time setup fee for integrating the audio with a player on your site.
With Virtual News Center, you’ll never again worry about
- news staff payroll taxes, work comp, unemployment taxes
- news staff benefits
- covering sick time and vacation time
- idle staff time
- training someone to be a news person, only to lose them to a larger market